Jul

Our Summer Home

I LOVE living in our motorhome.  Everything is simplified when living in such a small space and I am in love with that simplicity.  I can’t hoard clothes, store months worth of food, or have every size of tupperware dish known to man.  There is no room for dust-collecting knick-knacks.  I have only six of each kind of dish (spoons, bowls, plates etc.),plus  my favourite pots, necessary utensils, a toaster, a kettle, a blender and a mix-master….and I still have room in my cupboards!

Here is a glimpse into our rockin motorhome!

View from the front.

Our couch. I made the curtains with drapery samples I got for free at our local decorating store.

View from the back.

Our office and dining room.

Our kitchen.

What used to be the glove box.

This used to be a closet. We beefed up the framing and turned it into the kids bunk beds. Mike and the kids made the dragon ladder. Love it!

The “master” bedroom. Those closets on the sides fit all of Mike and my clothes!

I’ve added my own funk where I could. We are not using that TV and it will eventually come out and be replaced with shelves.

The bathroom.

We got the lino floor for the bathroom for free….so much nicer than that blue carpet!

If you you are new to the blog, check out the before pictures of the motorhome.  We have done quite the renovation!

What do you think?  Could you live in a motorhome?

1 ping

It looks GREAT, Amy! Simple is wonderful, isn’t it? I think I could live in a motorhome, not forever, but for a while. (At least not forever with four kids!) It’s one of our many dreams to do something like this someday.Glad to hear you’re enjoying it so much!

Yeah, I definitely would not want to live in one over a cold winter…..Wintering down south would be great but insulation is pretty much non-existent in motorhomes.

2. Kirsty says:

Wow! If only the roads in the UK would be good for huge motorhomes!! We’ll be hopefully getting quite a big one, but it won’t be big by your standards over the pond!!

It does look great though, you’ve done a great job!

Yup, everything is bigger over here! Canada follows the US market in that regard. We actually wanted to get something smaller that would be more economical but when the deal on this motorhome fell into our laps we could not pass it up. Even though it is a total pig on gas, we will be able to travel in it for five years on the amount of money we saved on this one compared to buying something else!

3. Tracey - Life Changing Year says:

Oh that looks AWESOME!!! You must be loving the freedom of much less stuff! How are you keeping it so tidy with 4 kids????????

We have 2 kids Tracey :)
      And I cleaned it up before I took the pictures!

4. alyson says:

Absolutely yes! Love it. Or maybe a boat!

5. Nadine says:

Dear Amy and family

Your RV is amazing. For Europeans it’s always a bit of a shock (a nice shock I like to add!) to see the size of American/Canadian motorhomes. Could we live in that? OH YES!!!!! We can picture you in it, too!

The camper we lived in for 8 months was just a small slide on a pickup truck cabin. It was nearly impossible to turn around in it (we had about 1 m2 floor space) when all four of us where “home”, but we had a great time and nearly never argued during those months.

Enjoy your summer in the RV and your pre-travel excitment!

Thank you Nadine. Four in a camper would be tight but that is half the fun right?

6. marci livingston says:

It looks great! It looks like a home! How fun! I am so excited for you guys! You had a dream and you stuck with it!!!

7. Christine says:

Wow, great! I have seen the before-pictures. You have done a great job! The bunk-beds are really cool!
    We have a 4×4 truck changed to a motorhome. It is about 2,20 x 4 metres and we are two adults and 3 children (6, 10 and 12). We love to travel all over Europe and North Africa with it. We plan to travel for at least one year through Africa whenever we have enough money (I guess we will need 3 more years to safe). But I don´t want to live in a motorhome in an every-day life with school and work with children. We live in a 70 saquaremeter house. That´s small enough for me :-)

Christine

8. reashamor ba says:

I so want to buy a RV for me and the kids. To relieve my heavy rental payment of $1700

1. Coming Home | Worldschool Adventures says:

[…] will be living in our motorhome this summer as we renovate the house we bought last year.  Nights are a cool zero degrees Celsius […]